Quiet Days at Home
Our Quiet Days at Home are special, one day retreats streamed live on particular days throughout the year. Past retreats also remain available as a resource to you (see previous online retreats below). If you would like to receive a personal invitation to a future Quiet Day at Home, please, register below.
There is no set fee to participate in these quiet days, but we'd be grateful for donations to help us continue this ministry.
The Beatitudes for Today
hearing the voices of modern day prophets
In the Hebrew Bible, prophets were those who denounced injustice and offered new visions of the future. Often a future without injustice, violence or greed. In recent times, prophetic voices from all over the world have spoken out asking for change. Artists, activists, poets, philosophers and pastors, who believe that a new world is possible. Here we will explore the connections between the Beatitudes and the message of modern day prophets, such as Desmond Tutu, Jenny Te Paa, Rubem Alves, and John Bell.
Quiet Day Planner with suggested times (UK times)
- 09.30h Welcome and Introduction to the retreat (live video stream: 20 min)
- 10.00h Morning Prayer (video stream: 10 min)
- 10.30h Address 1. The Beatitudes for Today: PART 1 (video stream: 40 min)
- 11.15h Free time for personal reflection (resources provided)
- Lunch break
- 13.30h Address 2. The Beatitudes for Today: PART 2 (video stream: 40 min)
- 14.15h Free time for personal reflection (resources provided)
- 16.00h Evening Prayer (video stream: 10 min)
- 16.30h Wrap Up Session